Wednesday 1 August 2012

Okay, Pinterest I give in!

I resisted Pinterest for as long as I could. At some point, one simply has to put the social networking down and back slowly away from the computer. But then I had an actual use for it, and thats when I folded.

Im creating a new garden (more about that in a minute) and I actually needed (well. Needed in the way one needs anything related to a garden) a place to store ideas and plans. Pinterest was, of course, the exact right place to do that.

Id been a Pinterest spectator for a while, but it wasnt until I joined that I really started noticing what all our friends are doing there.

Like Debra Lee Baldwins gorgeous board of decorative glass.

And Dee Nashs collection of espalier ideas.

And Rebecca Sweets vertical gardens.

And Willi Galloways chickens.

And Genevieve Schmidts goth garden.

And Jayme Jenkins garden cocktails.

And Susan Morrisons lawn-free gardens.

Andwell, I could go on. Good stuff, thats what Im saying.

What sent me off the deep end on Pinterest was this: I was choosing colors for a cocktail-themed garden Im building, and as I was choosing paint colors for the fence, I realized that a lot of paint colors are named after iconic cocktails and their ingredients. You can get a paint color called Whiskey Sour, Negroni, Gimlet, Bloody Mary, or Cosmopolitan. If you want to mix your own, there are paint colors called Grenadine, Orange Bitters, Rye, Dark Rum, and Lemon Zest.

So I lost an entire evening to the create of a Pinterest board of paint colors with cocktail names. The combination you see here is Margarita: Tequila Lime, Orange Liqueur, and Crushed Ice.

And heres an Old-Fashioned: Bourbon, Orange Bitters, Maraschino Cherry, Sugar Cube:

and this is a Mojito: Rum, Lime Juice, Spearmint, Sugar Cube, Soda Water, Crushed Ice:

Okay, Ill stop now. You see what Pinterest does to people?

Ill keep you updated on the cocktail garden as it progresses. Oh, and myperfectcolor.com is the brilliant, Pinterest-friendly site where I found all these paint colors, btw.


Via: Okay, Pinterest I give in!

No comments:

Post a Comment